httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] .htaccess
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2006 20:51:15 GMT
On 12/19/06, ara.t.howard@noaa.gov <ara.t.howard@noaa.gov> wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Dec 2006, Joshua Slive wrote:
>
> > On 12/19/06, ara.t.howard@noaa.gov <ara.t.howard@noaa.gov> wrote:
> >>
> >> we've recently upgrade to redhat enterprise rel 4.  for some reason
> >> .htacess files are no longer being read.  we're not seeing any errors in
> >> apache logs or selinux logs and configuration has not changed.  has anyone
> >> else seen this or is more likely that we've fat fingered something?
> >
> > Check the AllowOverride directive.
>
> yup.  it's 'All'

Check again.  Check to make sure it applies to the appropriate
directories and that there is no other AllowOverride directive in
httpd.conf or in any Include'd config file that may be changing the
setting.

Sorry, but there is really nothing else that could be affecting this.
If apache can't read the .htaccess file for any reason it will give a
403 error, it won't simply ignore the .htaccess.

Joshua.