httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Permissions with Apache 2.2
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2006 01:14:54 GMT
On 12/18/06, Larry <rapp@lmr.com> wrote:

> Yes, I did, but the concept of separate included config files appears
> to be new in 2.2.  In 1.3 and 2.0, virtual hosts were declared in one
> config file, while in 2.2 it appears to be in several.  Knowing that
> position in the file is important with some parameters, I asked the
> question.  Furthermore, you reference DirectoryIndex which I had
> simply overlooked, but my question was in regards to the Options
> directive.

Actually, there has been no real change in how config files work.
Since 1.3 it has always been up to you if you want to put everything
in one config or split it up using the Include directive.
Unfortunately, many distributors seem to be going towards dozens of
tiny little config files, which seems overly-complicated to me.

Joshua.