httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] help with location
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2006 14:05:07 GMT
On 12/7/06, Douglas WF Acheson <dwfa@rogers.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have configured a virtual server for scm.b.com to house my svn repository via web_dav
(hope the lingo is okay).  I have it working and here is the config file

> <VirtualHost 192.168.1.2>
>     CustomLog logs/scmAccess.log dwfa
>     ErrorLog  logs/scmError.log
>
>     DocumentRoot "/usr/local/scm/svn/html"
>     <Directory "/usr/local/scm/svn/html">
>         Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
>         AllowOverride None
>         Order allow,deny
>         Allow from all
>     </Directory>
>
>     <Location />
>         DAV svn
>         SVNParentPath /usr/local/scm/svn/repositories
>     </Location>
>     ServerName scm.b.com
> </VirtualHost>
>
> I have adjusted my dns for the correct entries.   have created a few web pages to administer
my svn repo and projects.   What I would like to do is have the admin pages accessible off
the following url
> http://scm.b.com/admin
>
> The problem is I am not sure how to achieve this.  Anyone have any ideas ...

You'll need to start by excluding "admin" from the paths grabbed by
svn.  Replace <Location /> with something like <LocationMatch
/(?!admin)>.  Then you can place the admin webpages directly under
/usr/local/scm/svn/html/admin or use an Alias to place them elsewhere.

Joshua.