httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] VirtualHosts and cgi-bin problem
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2006 03:07:33 GMT
On 12/7/06, Mark Feather <markfeather@customnet.co.uk> wrote:

> If i add a link    <!--#exec cgi="/cgi-bin2/footer.cgi"-->   into a html
> files source code of a sponsored domain name the expected content does not
> print to screen and the link is visible within the source code of the html
> file.   Permissions are set to 755 on scripts and html files.

This problem has nothing to do with the cgi-bin in particular.  If the
SSI code is still in the file sent to the client, that means the
problem is with processing the SSI.  Are you sure you have configured
the vhosts to process the html files for SSI?  I don't see any
relevant AddHandler server-parsed .html.

Also: always use #include virtual in preference to #exec cgi, and make
sure you include a space before the final -->.

Joshua.