httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Help Needed :(Apache Ver 1.3) Permission denied: proxy: error deleting old cache file
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 14:13:21 GMT
[Oh man, another person sending html email with <font size=1>.  Do you
really expect people to read that without a magnifying glass?

On 12/6/06, Vikas Bhat <vikas.bhat@gmail.com> wrote:
> Question: I see following errors in Apache (old ver 1.3) error.log: Plenty
> of them. Not sure why Permission Denied would be logged ?

You should really upgrade to 2.2 if you want to use a caching proxy.
And running 1.3 on win32 is silly anyway.  You won't have much luck
getting people help you to debug that ancient beast.

> "[error] (13)Permission denied: proxy: error deleting old cache file
> C:/Program Files/Apache
> Group/Apache/proxy/i/5/s/ouihpyc0cywdl45v325gu2c"

And did you check the permissions on the relevant files and
directories to see if they are writable by the user running the apache
service.?

Joshua.