httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Swift" <steve.j.sw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Changing DocumentRoot Doesn't Work
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 17:11:04 GMT
You said that you were double-clicking the httpd.exe
That would make the current directory:
C:\Program Fiels\Apache Software Foundation\Apache 2.2\bin

so apache would go looking for a conf subdirectory of \bin and not find it.

You will have to contsruct a shortcut to launch httpd.exe with a working
directory of:
C:\Program Fiels\Apache Software Foundation\Apache 2.2

Alternatively, you can open a command prompt at that directory and start
apache with the command:
bin\httpd.exe

You cannot do it with a simple double-click.