httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chris Johnson <john...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] configuration conundrum.
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2006 17:03:11 GMT
On Mon, 4 Dec 2006, Joshua Slive wrote:

      It's an RPM.

      And thanks.  I compeletly missed that and this explains it.
Thank you.

> On 12/4/06, Chris Johnson <johnson@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> wrote:
>>       Hi,
>>
>>       Right to it then.
>>
>>       Using httpd-2.0.52-28 on CentOS4.3.
>>
>>       Trying to redefine MIMEMagicFile with a file in the conf.d/
>> directory.  Now, I thought those files were read after the config in
>> conf/.  I've redefined other parameters in this way.  I put a redefine
>> of MIMEMagicFile in a file ending in .conf in conf.d/.  I know it
>> gets read because other things work.  In this case MIMEMagicFile did
>> not get redefined.  I know this because the mime types defined in the
>> new file didn't work.
>
> Apache as distributed from httpd.apache.org doesn't use a conf.d
> directory, so this is a local modification of CentOS and you're better
> off asking them how the did it.
>
> But in general, to figure out when the conf.d files are read, look
> through the main config file (usually httpd.conf) for the Include
> directive that references that directory.  The config directives are
> read as if they were placed in the main config file at the location of
> the Include directive.  If the existing MIMEMagicFile directive comes
> after the Include directive, then the stuff in the conf.d directory
> will obviously be overridden.
>
> Joshua.

Chris Johnson               |Internet: johnson@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Systems Administrator       |Web:      http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/~johnson
NMR Center                  |Voice:    617.726.0949
Mass. General Hospital      |FAX:      617.726.7422
149 (2301) 13th Street      |Life n, something from which nobody escapes
Charlestown, MA., 02129 USA |alive.  Me