httpd-users mailing list archives

From sniederme...@cob.org
Subject [users@httpd] Passing along ip info while reverse proxying
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 22:11:42 GMT
I've install apache as a reverse proxy server and was wondering if there
was a way to preserve the site visitor's ip and pass it along to the
back-end servers so they can log it.  Once I put the reverse proxy server
in front of our web apps, the web apps started to only log requested from
the reverse proxy server's ip address.  I tried the ProxyPreserveHost
directive and thought that would accomplish this.  However, when I added
this directive in each of my vhost configs, they stopped working (wouldn't
pull any pages up).  Any ideas on how to configure this?  Or is there
another directive I should be looking at?

Steven Niedermeyer
Information Technology Services
City of Bellingham
625 Halleck St