httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] mod_access => mod_authz_host change
Date Fri, 15 Dec 2006 08:10:48 GMT

You want to run two different *versions* of apache, which take different
directives, off the *same* config?

As you've probably realised, the config file syntax does not support any
dynamic assignment stuff - it's just a flat file. The only way you can
do this is by generating the file at runtime with a script or
preprocessor (m4/perl/python/whatever...)

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Both machines are Debian, with Stable showing:
>
> $ /usr/sbin/apache2 -l
> Compiled in modules:
>   core.c
>   mod_access.c
>   mod_auth.c
>   mod_log_config.c
>   mod_logio.c
>   mod_env.c
>   mod_setenvif.c
>   prefork.c
>   http_core.c
>   mod_mime.c
>   mod_status.c
>   mod_autoindex.c
>   mod_negotiation.c
>   mod_dir.c
>   mod_alias.c
>   mod_so.c
>
> And on Sid:
>
> $ /usr/sbin/apache2 -l
> Compiled in modules:
>   core.c
>   mod_log_config.c
>   mod_logio.c
>   prefork.c
>   http_core.c
>   mod_so.c
>
> Frankly, that seems a bit sparse for me.  Hard to imagine never
> needing "Allow".
>

> --
> Bill Moseley
> moseley@hank.org