httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Shai Yallin" <s...@locationet.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] httpd 2.2.3 as an SSL proxy with a client certificate fails on connect
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2006 15:18:01 GMT
I do not use HTTPS in the backend... the SSL engine is off in the
Virutal Host config.
The certificate file is fine. When I perform a get operation from the
proxy server itself (using a browser), it asks me to present the
certificate. Upon presenting it, I can connect successfully.

I'll try to clarify on the architecture here:

We have a client app which does not speak SSL. We have configured a
virtual host on the proxy server to (reverse) proxy requests to the
SSL-only server, then configured the client certificate.

Client (http) => proxy:8443 (https) => server:443

This configuration worked for a few months, then suddenly stopped
working...

Appreciate any help

Shai