httpd-users mailing list archives

From Xavier Noria <...@hashref.com>
Subject [users@httpd] LimitRequestBody and mod_proxy_balancer
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2006 22:48:12 GMT
I have an application served by Apache 2.2.3 + mod_proxy_balancer to
forward dynamic requests to a few Mongrel processes, and some rewrite
rules to serve static content directly (a typical setup for Rails).
That's configured as a virtual host, in case it matters.

This web site features video uploading and we would like to limit the
allowed size to 30MB. According to the docs we have tried
LimitRequestBody, but looks like proxied requests bypass it. I don't
see a way to restrict uploads in Mongrel, and Rails controllers are
called once everything is on disk, so we cannot prevent huge uploads
from within the application.

Is there a way to accomplish that from Apache with this setup?

-- fxn