httpd-users mailing list archives

From Xavier Noria <...@hashref.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: [SOLVED] wrong content-type for favicon.ico
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2006 16:58:04 GMT
On Dec 12, 2006, at 4:43 PM, Xavier Noria wrote:

> I have a 2.2.3 compiled by hand in a Debian. The main conf is
> untouched except for an Include at the end and a LoadModule
> flvx_module        modules/mod_flvx.so. The include at the end
> loads a config file for a very simple vhost, who has nothing
> particular about mime types.
>
> The thing is, favicon.ico is being served with Content-Type text/
> plain (testing with wget -d to avoid cache issues), error_log shows
> nothing relevant, the server is running just fine. Of course conf/
> mime.types has the ico entry, and I even added an explicit AddType
> + restart.
>
> I am sure I am overlooking something simple, but can't figure out
> what may be happening. Any ideas?

Problem was we are using mod_proxy_balancer possibly in a wrong way.
Static files were served somehow because the rewrite rule that
rewrites if the filename does not exist wasn't triggered:

   ProxyPass / balancer://cinemavip_cluster/
   ProxyPassReverse / balancer://cinemavip_cluster/

   # Send all requests that are not found as existing files to the
cluster
   RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
   RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ balancer://cinemavip_cluster%{REQUEST_URI}
[P,QSA,L]

(I think Apache served those directly but there was no Server header
in responses ???). I just added explicit ProxyPass entries for /
images and friends and /favicon.ico, and now the header is coming and
everything is fine.

Was that config broken or was it some side-effect of mod_proxy? I am
not familiar with mod_proxy configuration.

-- fxn