httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <scte...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] deploying web apps w. apache.
Date Sun, 24 Dec 2006 05:41:41 GMT
Steve,

On Dec 23, 2006, at 3:16 PM, Steve R Burrus wrote:

> hi all. I was just wondering how I should go about trying to deploy
> a web application using version 2.0.59 of the apache server,
> specifically servlets. In which folder in the whole apache
> installation should the servlet file go and all of the associated
> files such as html's?

To run Servlets, you need a Servlet container like Apache Tomcat.

http://tomcat.apache.org/

It has its own user forums, so you might check over there if you have
any questions about using it.

Tomcat can serve Servlet-generated web pages itself, or it can run
behind Apache 2.2 using mod_proxy_ajp (or mod_jk with Apache 2.0).

S.