httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Lavi" <ml...@sgi.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] public server
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2006 23:37:41 GMT
It's odd that you didn't use the two forward slashes in your posting for
http://, because that should not be a legitimate URL in a web browser.

Any IP is valid, no matter if it is used statically or dynamically.

Unless you have access control filters on your web server (you can test
by trying http://localhost <http://localhost/>  on your server), you may
be running into firewall issues on your host running the web server
and/or with your network provider/ISP not allowing public web servers on
their network.

Also, the time honored test is to telnet to port 80 on a remote computer
to test network connectivity and that the server is up and listening.

--Mark

Mark Lavi, Enterprise Web Management Team @ SGI