httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Lavi" <ml...@sgi.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Slow Load Times on Server
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2006 23:24:59 GMT
You likely have a network issue, not a server issue from what I saw.

Browse your website from your server via http://localhost
<http://localhost/>  or on your LAN to see what the *maximum* server
performance could be without involving a network, then take up network
performance/latency issues with your ISP.

Of course, if you have a lot of load on your web server (high usage),
then that is another issue.

--Mark

Mark Lavi, Enterprise Web Management Team @ SGI
mailto:mlavi@sgi.com || phone:+1-650-933-7707
________________________________

From: Ralph Brickley [mailto:ralphbrickley@verizon.net]
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2006 2:17 PM
To: Users @ Apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Slow Load Times on Server

Hello,

I have been using Apache for about 2.5 years now and have recently
installed the latest downloadable version. I am also running PHP 5 and
MySQL Server 5. Everything works fine, but I have ALWAYS had
exceptionally slow speeds on the server.

I run Verizon DSL 3300/768, and have an upload speed of about 80K per
second. When I load pages on my server from any remote site, the images
load slowly. See an example of my server here:

http://71.117.144.132/

The computer my server is on is exceptional. Core 2 Duo 2.4, 2GIG ram,
250GIG SATA drive, etc. Does anyone have some fine-tuning suggestions to
speed things up?

Thanks!

Ralph Brickley