httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ravi Menon" <jravime...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Processes not yielding, and lockf
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2006 07:27:00 GMT
It is been a while since I last worked on FreeBSD but if I recall correctly:

'lockf' - sleeping on a flock() or fcntl() equivalent on some file fd somewhere.

'sbwait' - socket buffer wait - a wait due to recv or send buf size
             for socket fds'.

Attaching a gdb on such child pids and getting a backtrace might help narrow
down where it could be occuring - maybe it is a deadlock.

Also 494MB of ram sounds awfully less these days - increasing it might help.

Ravi