httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Craig Hagerman" <craighager...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RE: [users@httpd] Setting up user login?
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 13:10:54 GMT
On 12/1/06, Boyle Owen <Owen.Boyle@swx.com> wrote:>
> You sound like you want something more sophisticated. To do what you
> need you need to serve cookies on login and then use the cookie to
> enable access to individual elements of content on subsequent dynamic
> pages. All this implies sophisticated server-sided logic that goes way
> beyond basic apache config.
>
> Read up on session management, cookies, closed user groups etc. You'll
> need technologies like PHP, Cocoon, and so on. BTW, it ain't trivial...

Thanks for the response. Yes, I do want something more sophisticated.
I don't mind taking the time to learn a lot of new technologies, I
just had no idea where to start and figured maybe part of the login
management would involve apache. I will do some more google searching
on this matter.

But if anyone else has any suggestions for websites, books I can look
into to learn more about this topic it would be great.

Craig Hagerman