httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <scte...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_status.so - How do I get this to work?
Date Sat, 23 Dec 2006 18:22:51 GMT

On Dec 21, 2006, at 5:04 PM, Techguy wrote:

> ./configure --help | grep status
> [speling=no      status=yes      unique_id=no   ]
>
> If I could just find and download the module I would, but all I can
> find is
> instructions on how to use it.

Once again, mod_status comes with the httpd source code as you
download it. The output from configure --help tells you it's enabled
by default.

Once again, if you don't take steps to explicitly disable it, you
have it and if you don't take steps to make it, or all your modules,
shared, it's compiled into the server (httpd -l will show you if it is).

If you have the module compiled into your server, you don't need the
LoadModule line. I don't remember what Apache 1.3 does with
superfluous LoadModule lines, (Apache 2 logs and ignores), but it may
well bonk if you try to load a module that's compiled in.

S.