httpd-users mailing list archives

From Brian McNally <bmcna...@u.washington.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] Problems restricting access to a file
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2006 23:40:24 GMT
Hello,

I'm having some problems restricting access to a particular file
using the following in my .htaccess file:

<Files the_file_name.zip>
         order deny,allow
         deny from all
         allow from my.domain.com
</Files>

If it helps, I'm using Apache 2.0.46, and the particular page is
hosted as a virtual host.

When I use this in my .htaccess file the file will dissapear from
index view for domains outside of my.domain.com (this is what I would
expect, I guess) but the file is still accessible if I try and
download it directly (NOT what I would expect).

I'm sure there's a reason for this, but I can't figure out why. I've
looked at the other directives that apply to this file and I can't
seem to find any kind of explanation.

--
Brian McNally