httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joseph L. Hill" <joseph.l.h...@Dartmouth.EDU>
Subject [users@httpd] httpd: could not open document config file
Date Sun, 24 Dec 2006 17:51:06 GMT
Happy holidays,

If anyone has any suggestions, thanks in advance for any input  you can
offer.

error
httpd: could not open document config file
/usr/OraHome/ocad/config/ocad.conf

hardware
Dell 1955 blade

operating sys
Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 4) up2date with
redhat patches

kernel
Linux 2.6.9-42.0.3.ELsmp #1 SMP Mon Sep 25 17:28:02 EDT 2006 i686 i686
i386 GNU/Linux

apache rpm:
httpd-2.0.52-28.ent

The error occurs in apache httpd.conf. when it tries to read the last
two lines in the the  configuration files that I added

# service httpd restart
Stopping httpd:                                            [  OK  ]
Starting httpd: httpd: could not open document config file
/usr/OraHome/ocad/config/ocad.conf

Its reading the last two lines of the httpd.conf file

# tail -3 /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf

Include /usr/OraHome/ocad/config/ocad.conf
Include /usr/OraHome/ocas/conf/ocal.conf

I double checked the file and directory permissions and included them below.

The apache user runs as oracle

The /usr/OraHome is a mount on the EMC clarion, I can read and write to
the directory as the oracle user, I double checked file and dir permissions

When these lines are uncommented it fails on the first, i tried
uncommenting the first and it failed on the second

# service httpd restart
Stopping httpd:                                            [  OK  ]
Starting httpd: httpd: could not open document config file
/usr/OraHome/ocad/config/ocad.conf

as the oracle user you can read these files

# su - oracle
$ more /usr/OraHome/ocad/config/ocad.conf
#-----------------------------------------------------
# Configuration for Oracle Calendar Administrator
#-----------------------------------------------------
$ more /usr/OraHome/ocas/conf/ocal.conf

# @source  $Source:
/home/cvsroot01/client/web/app/lexasaurus/conf/ocal.conf.sbs
,v $

Is the problem that I am calling configuration files that are not in
/etc/http? I have not implemented any kind of chroot environment or
changed any of the configuration in httpd.conf other then to add the
last two include lines mentioned above.

thanks!
-joe
joseph.l.hill@dartmouth.edu