httpd-users mailing list archives

From POLONKAI Gergely <pol...@w00d5t0ck.info>
Subject [users@httpd] NameVirtualHost screw-up
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2006 09:14:24 GMT
Hello list,

I have some NameVirtualHosts set up on my machine, as told by apache2 -S:

192.168.1.1:80       is a NameVirtualHost
         default server test.wx (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default:1)
         port 80 namevhost test.wx
(/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default:1)
         port 80 namevhost www.test.wx
(/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/www.test.wx:1)
         port 80 namevhost erp.test.wx
(/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/erp.test.wx:1)

However, the file www.test.wx file contains these two lines:
ServerName www.test.wx
ServerAlias test.wx

The reverse address for 192.168.1.1 is test.wx, and all the domains
(test.wx, www.test.wx and erp.test.wx) resolve to 192.168.1.1.

In 000-default, the DocumentRoot is /var/www
In www.test.wx the DocumentRoot is /var/www/test.wx/www
In erp.test.wx the DocumentRoot is /var/www/test.wx/erp

Now if I set up a client machine to use the internal DNS servers, and
then I enter the test.wx address in my browser, it will give me the
contents of the /var/www instead of /var/www/test.wx/www

Can anyone tell me what can cause this? I see that from the output of
apache2 -S that from apache's side it's normal, but why does it drops my
definition of the ServerAlias?

Regards,

Gergely POLONKAI