httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tom Cooper <tcoo...@starpower.net>
Subject [users@httpd] SSL error and build question
Date Sat, 09 Dec 2006 03:28:01 GMT
I'm having trouble with Apache2 on OS X.  What I'm finding is that if I
load pages that have a lot of data (big photos, or lots of text) Firefox
throws the error "Firefox received a message with incorrect Message
Authentication Code.  If the error occurs frequently, contact the
website administrator."

It's consistently reproducible and since my webserver is behind a
firewall, I'm pretty sure that it's not the million question attack. :)
Server version: Apache/2.0.52
Server built:   Sep 30 2004 18:20:43

Any ideas about how to fix this?

I'm running copies of Apache, PHP, and MySQL built by someone else, and
I thought that this might be related to the old version of apache, so I
thought I'd give a shot to building apache from source.
I downloaded httpd-2.2.3, and ran
sudo ./configure --prefix=/Library/Apache2 --enable-mods-shared=ALL
Then sudo make, then sudo make install

When I tried sudo apachectl start, I got an error message about errors
when it started to load modules.  (I kept my old httpd.conf) I suspect
that there was some other set of steps that I should have taken to build
all of the modules against the new version of apache, but I'm ignorant
about how to proceed.

Can someone offer some guidance?

Thanks!

Tom