httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Changing DocumentRoot Doesn't Work
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 18:00:39 GMT
Steve Swift wrote:
> You said that you were double-clicking the httpd.exe
> That would make the current directory:
> C:\Program Fiels\Apache Software Foundation\Apache 2.2\bin
>
> so apache would go looking for a conf subdirectory of \bin and not find it.

The behavior of httpd is to look in ../conf/ so that's probably not it.

> You will have to contsruct a shortcut to launch httpd.exe with a working
> directory of:
> C:\Program Fiels\Apache Software Foundation\Apache 2.2

There should be such a shortcut installed in your Start menu under Apache.

> You cannot do it with a simple double-click.

Not a good idea, no.

On that subject, to the original poster, are you sure you are modifying
the C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache 2.2\conf\httpd.conf,
and not the httpd.conf.default file we install FOR REFERENCE ONLY?