httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Changing DocumentRoot Doesn't Work
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 23:29:59 GMT
Gaming Mouse wrote:
> I've installed Apache 2.2 as a manual server (ie, I have to open the
> httpd.exe command window to use it) on Win XP Pro.

> DocumentRoot E:/Documents/htdocs/bj
> <Directory "e:/documents/htdocs/bj">

Ok - that much looks good.

> I then close the httpd.exe window and reopen it -- to restart apache.
>
> I have cleared my cache and tested on 2 different browsers.

It sure sounds like you are doing the right things.  Try this - once the
httpd window is closed, look in your Task Manager (rt-click the start bar)
and see that there are no 'apache' or 'httpd' processes running.  If there
are, kill them and let us know - terminating the httpd you 'see' in the
console window should be killing them off.