httpd-users mailing list archives

From Robert Fox <rf...@nd.edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Mysterious \"Premature end of script headers\" error
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 13:15:07 GMT
What is the script written in? Can you run the script from the command line?

Usually, this means that the script is not sending out a completely formed HTTP header, which
can happen for a variety
of reasons.

Rob

uxwrstre wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I\'m using Apache 1.3.37 on Solaris 8 (SPARC architecture).
> I have a simple CGI-BIN script which worked before and printed out the following:
> acwebint 13:57 archive/docs/bin : ./http-goto
> Location: http://acwebint/DICB
>
> acwebint 13:57 archive/docs/bin :
>
> I get an internal error 500 message with this script, and the log file shows the following:
> [Fri Dec  1 13:33:43 2006] [error] [client 134.171.16.75] Premature end of script headers:
/home/web/archive/docs/bin/http-goto

> What is very mysterious is that since the apache software has been upgraded from 1.3.14
to 1.3.37 that this error appeared. But I\'m not 100% sure that its in relation with the version
upgrade because many changes have been made.
> Does somebody knows why this CGI-BIN is not working?
> Is there maybe a new CGI standard requirement in apache 1.3.37 that it does no more allows
the \"Location\" command itselfs?
> How could I debug this?
>
> Best regards,
> saf

     Robert Fox                               Systems Administrator
     University Libraries of Notre Dame       Phone: (574)631-3353
     211 Hesburgh Library                     Email: rfox2@nd.edu
     Notre Dame, IN  46556

"Sufficit tibi gratia mea nam virtus in infirmitate perficitur" - 2 Corinthians 12:9