httpd-users mailing list archives

From Paul Simon <getpsi...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache 2.2.3 Win32 Memory Issue
Date Fri, 29 Dec 2006 12:26:01 GMT
Hi, Is anybody running Apache 2.2.3 on Win32 and using mod_rewrite proxy feature? When I add
the line RewriteRule ^/(.*)$  http://someappserver:8111/$1 [P,L], then hit the server using
ab, the server proxies correctly until the memory usage builds up causing the server to crash.
Killing the apache process releases the memory. If I simply use mod_proxy, then there are
no memory issues, everything works perfectly. I'm going to abandon the mod_rewrite proxy because
it's overkill for my needs, but I'm curious if anybody has witnessed any problems similar
to this. Thanks.