httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Stephanie Trentham" <strenth...@alltel.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Domain Names in Apache
Date Thu, 28 Dec 2006 15:54:23 GMT
Hi,

I have apache installed on Windows and working correctly. After exploring
the installation and FAQ I am left with one question. I have a domain name
and currently using web server services for this domain name through
godaddy.com. I intend to drop these services and run it on my own server.
The domain is merely a personal test and learn thing and not truly important
that it is running at 100% so I am comfortable running it through my own
server. However, I would like to know how to configure apache to host this
domain for me before I stop services at godaddy just so I know that I can do
this. Hitting http:localhost:8080 works for me (had to change ports, 80 is
apparently assigned to another service) but how do I know where to point the
domain name and is that all I will need to do in order to serve the domain?
(ex. Nameserver1, nameserver2) I don't know what the nameservers would be or
how to figure this out and I don't know where to put this info in apache in
order to configure it for the domain.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Stephanie Trentham