httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sean Conner <...@conman.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] new user / cgi program ignoring <form> arguments
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 20:51:43 GMT
It was thus said that the Great michaeljay once stated:
> I have httpd 2.2 / windows xp
>
> My cgi program (ansi c) is failing to echo arguments from an xhtml
> form. Thinking this is common. Can anyone point to common
> configuration errors which would result in something like this.
> The resulting web page says: "(null)"
>
> * the form is sending correctly using the mailto: method.
> * the program works from the command line
> * the form is triggering hardwired output from the program.
> * the program will echo argv[0] (program path) in the web output
> but not argv[1] which should be the name=value pairs

  Apache doesn't send the name/value pairs on the comment line, but either
through the environment variable QUERY_STRING (for a GET method) or as stdin
(for the POST method).  Either way, you'll need to parse the input
(QUERY_STRING or stdin) to break the name/value pairs apart.

  -spc (I have a library for that sort of thing---works well under Unix,
	and an older version *was* successfully ported to Windows, but
	that was about seven years ago ... )