httpd-users mailing list archives

From Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] NameVirtualHost screw-up
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2006 10:40:19 GMT
On 12.12.06 10:14, POLONKAI Gergely wrote:
> I have some NameVirtualHosts set up on my machine, as told by apache2 -S:
>
> 192.168.1.1:80       is a NameVirtualHost
>          default server test.wx (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default:1)
>          port 80 namevhost test.wx
                             ^^^^^^^
> (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default:1)
>          port 80 namevhost www.test.wx
> (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/www.test.wx:1)
>          port 80 namevhost erp.test.wx
> (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/erp.test.wx:1)

> However, the file www.test.wx file contains these two lines:
> ServerName www.test.wx
> ServerAlias test.wx

yes, but the first namevhost with name 'test.wx' causes the latter alias
'test.wx' to be ignored.

> Can anyone tell me what can cause this? I see that from the output of
> apache2 -S that from apache's side it's normal, but why does it drops my
> definition of the ServerAlias?

according to next your post, you misconfigured apache and the first virtual
host which has not defined ServerName user the name 'test.wx' (probably
inherited from main config).
M$ Win's are shit, do not use it !