httpd-users mailing list archives

From maillist <maill...@citadelsystems.net>
Subject [users@httpd] 401 on reverse proxy
Date Sat, 16 Dec 2006 20:19:00 GMT
Hi all,

Every time I try to access my site through the reverse proxy I keep
getting 401 Authorization Required errors. If I access the site
internally, everything works fine. I am using Digest for authentication.
The version of Apache I am using is 2.2.3.

I have a default configuration on my reverse proxy with the following
changes:

ProxyRequests off

ProxyPass /mythweb/ http://172.24.35.10/mythweb/
ProxyPassReverse /mythweb/ http://172.24.35.10/mythweb/

<Location /mythweb/>
	ProxyPassReverse	/
	RequestHeader		unset Accept-Encoding
</Location>

Let me know if I need to post any other configuration.

The weired thing is that all of this was working 2 days ago. I made some
changes to try doing ssl proxying and then reverted back when it was not
working right.

Thanks,
K Murphy
maillist@citadelsystems.net