httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Oliveira <br...@eacsoftware.com.br>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache hides directory that contains archive .htaccess
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 16:40:56 GMT
On Thu, 2006-12-07 at 11:11 -0500, Joshua Slive wrote:
> Security reasons.  It is unsafe to disclose the existence of protected
> content by default.  If you don't like it, use the "IndexOptions
> ShowForbidden" option:
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_autoindex.html#indexoptions
>
> Joshua.
Version Apache: 2.0

I want that it is showing this directory that contains .htaccess. I
placed the option “IndexOptions ShowForbidden” however when I was to
restart the Apache appears the following message:

[root@webserver ~]# apachectl stop
Syntax error on line 437 of /usr/local/etc/apache2/httpd.conf:
Invalid directory indexing option

:437
<Directory /data/domains/eacsoftware/www/downloads>
        AllowOverride AuthConfig
        IndexOptions ShowForbidden
</Directory>

Bruno.