httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Norman Peelman" <npeel...@cfl.rr.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.2.3 monitor
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 08:38:11 GMT
Apache 2.2.3 monitor----- Original Message -----
From: Lucuk, Pete
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2006 8:59 AM
Subject: [users@httpd] Apache 2.2.3 monitor

Hello,
I have Apache 2.2.3 with mod_ssl and mod_jk installed and they work like a champ!
I am now wrapping up my Apache setup with a maintenance in mind.
I would like to setup something that would.
        - test to see is Apache is up or down
        - if Apache is up, do nothing
        - if Apache is down, bring it back up ASAP
I could write some Java or a shell script that pinged a web page on Apache or something like
that, BUT that seems kinds clunky in 2006 to do that.
Is there something already available out there that meets the above requirements that is the
standard correct way to monitor Apache and start it if it goes down?
Thanks much
Pete

    If this is on Windows then set up Apache as a service, go into properties and tell it
to restart upon failure. It gives you several options of what to do on failure - restart,
run a program, etc.

Norm
---
FREE Avatar hosting at www.easyavatar.com