httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Lawrence Weathers, Ph.D." <weath...@caer.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Windows installation error
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2006 04:06:57 GMT
At the end of the windows install I get this message:

Installing the Apache2.2 service

The Apache2.2 service is successfully installed.

Testing httpd.conf....

Errors reported here must be corrected before the service can be started.

(OS 10048)Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network
address/port)

is normally permitted.  : make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80

Unable to open logs

Note the errors or messages above, and press the <ESC> key to exit.  13...

I am running windows XP which is fully updated.

What is it trying to tell me and what should I do about it?

Thanks

Larry

Lawrence Weathers, Ph.D.
Psychologist
6921 E Jamieson Rd.
Spokane WA 99223
509-448-6462, Fax 806 209 8854
HYPERLINK "mailto:weathers@caer.com"weathers@caer.com
HYPERLINK "mailto:weathers@caer.comwww.caer.com"www.caer.com, HYPERLINK
"http://www.adhdhelp.org"www.adhdhelp.org

In shallow waters, shrimps make fools of dragons.
Chinese Proverb