httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Feather" <markfeat...@customnet.co.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] VirtualHosts and cgi-bin problem
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2006 01:55:36 GMT
A little background info....

I have a default server (My Business) and 3 sponsored virtualhosts at the mo.

They are all working without errors, i can browse them all when punching in the respective
domain names.

The default server has a cgi-bin called cgi-bin,  i have set things up so that this cgi-bin
is only accessable by the default server and this works.

All scripts on the default server run without errors directly on the browsers address line
and via links within the html source code on each page.

I have created another cgi-bin called cgi-bin2 and i want all sponsored vhosts to be able
to access scripts within this cgi-bin and not the cgi-bin of the default server, this works
to a point. The cgi-bin2 is not accessable by anybody logging in via an FTP session.

If i type in the address line the path of a cgi script in the cgi-bin2 using any of the sponsored
domain names http://www.1stsponsoreddomainname.co.uk/cgi-bin2/footer.cgi , i get what i want,
the expected html content prints to screen as expected.  If i try accessing a script in the
default servers cgi-bin using the domain name of a sponsored domain name http://www.1stsponsoreddomainname.co.uk/cgi-bin/footer.cgi
i get access denied, this is what i want.

If i add a link    <!--#exec cgi="/cgi-bin2/footer.cgi"-->   into a html files source
code of a sponsored domain name the expected content does not print to screen and the link
is visible within the source code of the html file.   Permissions are set to 755 on scripts
and html files.

The reason for wanting this 2nd cgi-bin is so that i can offer simple scripts to the groups
and youth clubs etc that use it, counters etc but more important a simple advert advertising
the fact that i am hosting the clubs website for free with a link to my own website and business
at the foot of every page.

There are no errors in the error logs to give me any clues!  i can deliberatly generate an
error and the error does appear in the log files.

Can any body help me, what am i missing, doing wrong?

Here is a sample of my httpd.conf file:

# Default Server
NameVirtualHost *

<VirtualHost *>

ServerName www.mydomainname.co.uk:80

DocumentRoot /srv/www/htdocs

<Directory "/srv/www/htdocs">

            Options +Indexes +Includes +ExecCGI

            AllowOverride none

            Order allow,deny

            Allow from All

            deny from 69.222.16.9

            deny from 62.49.6.157

            deny from 193.28.178.61

ErrorDocument 401 /errors/error_document_401.html

ErrorDocument 403 /errors/error_document_403.html

ErrorDocument 404 /errors/error_document_404.html

</Directory>

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/srv/www/cgi-bin/"

<Directory "/srv/www/cgi-bin">

            AllowOverride None

            Options +ExecCGI +Includes -indexes

            Order allow,deny

            Allow from all

            ErrorDocument 401 /errors/error_document_401.html

            ErrorDocument 403 /errors/error_document_403.html

            ErrorDocument 404 /errors/error_document_404.html

</Directory>

<Location /cgi-bin>

            AllowOverride None

            Options +ExecCGI +Includes -indexes

            SetHandler cgi-script

</Location>

</VirtualHost>

##################################################################################################

# 1st Virtual Host

<VirtualHost *>

ServerName www.1stsponsoreddomainname.co.uk:80

DocumentRoot /www/SDCCWebsite/htdocs

CustomLog /www/SDCCWebsite/htdocs/log_files/access_log "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b"

ErrorLog /www/SDCCWebsite/htdocs/log_files/error_log

<Directory "/www/SDCCWebsite/htdocs">

            Options -Indexes +Includes +ExecCGI

            DirectoryIndex index.htm index.html homepage.html

            AllowOverride None

            Order allow,deny

            Allow from All

ErrorDocument 401 /errors/error_document_401.html

ErrorDocument 403 /errors/error_document_403.html

ErrorDocument 404 /errors/error_document_404.html

</Directory>

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin2/ "/www/cgi-bin2/"

<Directory "/www/cgi-bin2">

            AllowOverride None

            Options +ExecCGI +Includes -indexes

            Order allow,deny

            Allow from all

            ErrorDocument 401 /errors/error_document_401.html

            ErrorDocument 403 /errors/error_document_403.html

            ErrorDocument 404 /errors/error_document_404.html

</Directory>

<Location /cgi-bin2>