httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Sean Brown" <sbrow...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] mod rewrite question
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2006 20:39:04 GMT
I had already posted this on the configuration list, but got no
replies, so I thought someone here might be able to better answer.

I've got an odd thing happening and I'm not sure why.  I've got the
following mod rewrite conditions and rules for the default site on my
apache box:

<Directory />
   Options FollowSymLinks
   AllowOverride All
   Order deny,allow
   Deny from all

   RewriteEngine on
   RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI}  /press/
   RewriteRule /press/(.*) /press.php?id=$1 [L]

   RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI}  /jobs/
   RewriteRule /jobs/(.*) /jobs.php?id=$1 [L]
</Directory>

This works fine.  Does what I want it to, which is rewrite
/jobs.php?id=873465 to /jobs/873465.   All's well there.  However, a
side affect is that an alias that I have in my main configuration no
longer works:

Alias /mysql /path/to/phpMyAdmin-2.8.0.3

When I browse to http://localhost/mysql , I get a "Forbidden.  You
don't have permission to access /mysql/ on this server."  When I
comment out the mod rewrite lines and bounce apache, it goes back to
working just fine.

Any insight?

Thanks,

Sean