httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Could not reliably determine FQDN
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2006 20:04:32 GMT
On 11/30/06, sniedermeyer@cob.org <sniedermeyer@cob.org> wrote:

> I have the servername directive in my virtualhosts config file, but am
> still getting the following error:
>
> httpd.exe: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain
> name, using 192.168.1.1 for ServerName
>
> I did some Googling on this and someone mentioned I might have to enter a
> servername directive in the httpd.conf file or I'll continue to get this
> error.

Just put
ServerName www.domain.org
in httpd.conf outside any <VirtualHost> section.  It won't do
anything, since all your requests are mapped to vhosts, but apache
doesn't have any easy way to figure that out, so it wants something to
use by default.  (Or just ignore the warning; it doesn't do any harm.)

Joshua.