httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache2.2 cannot start: "undefined symbol: proxy_hook_post_request" error (in file /etc/apache2/modules/mod_proxy_balancer.so)
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2006 15:11:06 GMT
On 11/23/06, Michael Hulet <michael@mindtheshark.com> wrote:

> > But what really concerns me here is that you said you were downloading
> > and compiling directly from apache.org, yet you are using apache2ctl,
> > which I believe is debian-specific.  This could be causing any number
> > of problems, and could also imply that you have some weird mix of
> > debian and apache-installed components.
> >
> > Joshua.
> You're right:
>
>     # apache2ctl -v
>     Server version: Apache/2.0.54
>     Server built:   Jul 28 2006 09:04:55
>
> So I wanted to remove apache2-utils but it wants to remove a lot of
> dependencies that I don't want to remove (phpMyAdmin, Webmin, php, ...).
> What do you think I should do first?

I'd say you have two choices:

1. Grab the debian-packaged version of 2.2.  I'm sure it exists someplace; or

2. Install the apache.org package someplace separate from the debian
install (/usr/local/apache2 for example) and be sure to use the tools
that get installed under there.)  But I think you're going to find
that you'll need to recompile php, etc anyway if you go to 2.2.

Joshua.