httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite & mod_prox
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2006 18:33:01 GMT
On 11/14/06, DM <donalmurtagh@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> This appears to work. However, because I'm using mod_rewrite, only the request line is
changed. For example, the value of the "referrer" header still references "cellularmanagerpp.aliant.net".

Hmmm... I think that will be the case with ProxyPass as well.  This is
not a redirect, it is a proxy.  Most (non-connection-level) headers
will remain untouched.

> Anyway, my questions are these:
>
> - Why didn't the proxying work with the rewritten URLs in Attempt 1?

You can try adding the [PT] flag to the RewriteRule to let processing
pass to the next url-mapping phase.

> - Is there a way to achieve my goal which also rewrites the headers?

I doubt it.

> - In httpd.conf it possible to set a variable whose value is "erie", then reference this
variable, so that I don't have to repeat "erie" in multiple places?

There are several different modules that allow you to use variables in
a flexible way in config files.  See http://modules.apache.org/ and
look for things like mod_macro.

Joshua.