httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache starting with more child processes thatn startservers directive
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2006 14:36:02 GMT
On 11/9/06, sharath reddy <reddy.web@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am using Apache version 2.0.55(with prefork) on Linux with three different
> httpd.conf files running on 3 different ports and i just loading httpd
> multiple times with one config file for each port.
>
> The problem is : when i start the apache, it is starting with 3 times more
> child processes than the StartServers directive. i.e., if i keep
> StartServers as 5 , it is starting with 15 child processes(servers).
>
> what would be the problem for this behaviour?? (even though the apache
> starts with more serevrs, it is working fne)

Well, there are still lots of details missing in this question.  If
you are starting 3 instances of apache, you should expect
3*StartServers processes to be running.  The three instances will be
entirely independent.  If that is not what you are seeing, you need to
be more specific about your problem.

Joshua.