httpd-users mailing list archives

From "A. K." <ak21...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite: remembering environment variables
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2006 17:37:49 GMT
iptables redirects to the VirtualHost which rewrites to the script housed on
localhost. The script does some processing then "re-requests" the original
request based on the parameters and query string passed to it.

google.com will display just fine except for the logo image which gets
re-written to http://10.0.255.1/intl/en_ALL/images/logo.gif

If I add a third rule, "RewriteRule (.*) http://www.google.com$1 [P]", the
image is fetched appropriately. The question is how do I dynamically
determine what the appropriate HTTP_HOST should be?

Is my approach "fixable"? Or should I be attacking this differently?

Listen *:10000
<VirtualHost *:10000>
    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteCond %{SERVER_NAME}          !^10\.0\.255\.1$
    RewriteRule (.*)                                 "
http://10.0.255.1/cgi-bin/script.pl?%{SERVER_NAME}%{REQUEST_URI}&"
[QSA,L]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI}            !script\.pl
    RewriteRule ^/cgi-bin/(.*)$         "http://$1?" [P]
</VirtualHost>
ProxyRequests On
<Proxy *>