httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Todd Nine" <todd.n...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Help with mod_proxy
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2006 22:23:13 GMT
Thanks for getting back to me Paul.  Sorry I snapped at you, it was uncalled
for, it has been one of those weekends ... :).  I finally figured out my
issue, and unfortunately, it was a bonehead move on my part.  As I said
earlier, I've defined each virtual host in its own .conf file so editing
each one is easy to do.  Unfortunately, I forgot to add the following
directive to the main httpd.conf file.

NameVirtualHost *

Its such a simple directive, yet affects so much...  Thanks for all the
help, the examples were helpful.  I have another question on the efficiency
side.  I'd like to use domain name for ease of configuration, however I know
it is less efficient than using IP.  Is it less efficient for the first
proxy request (IE does apache cache the IP after the first lookup?), or does
it look up the server every time?

Thanks

Todd