httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Todd Nine" <todd.n...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Help with mod_proxy
Date Sat, 25 Nov 2006 15:44:46 GMT
No you misunderstood my post.  I'm not an idiot, I understand the point of
proxying,  if the target server is down I won't be able to connect.  Here's
a more clear example.  I'm proxying 2 http servers, server A and server B.
If server B is not running when the proxy starts, I can't connect to server
A.  I receive this message in the browser

Bad Gateway The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream
server.

as well as the error in the log I posted previously, but its not an error
for the host I'm requesting with the browser!  Its not clear to my why the
proxy virtual hosts are not independent of each other.  Is there another
configuration directive I need?

Todd