httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Trouble getting server to wrok
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2006 07:26:24 GMT

Just to add to what others have said, you're problem isn't really to do
with apache - it's to do with understanding how networks are organised.
You could do all your debugging with ping and telnet - then, once you
get the network sorted, you can add apache to the mix.

Your best bet is a good book:
http://www.amazon.com/TCP-Dummies-Fifth-Candace-Leiden/dp/0764517600/sr=
8-7/qid=1164007499/ref=pd_bbs_sr_7/002-0582016-7302426?ie=UTF8&s=books

Or try http://www.ipprimer.com/overview.cfm

But, be warned, networking is not trivial and you won't become an expert
in half-an-hour.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Sincerely,