httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Foster, Stephen \(ASPIRE\)" <steve.fos...@hmrcaspire.com>
Subject [users@httpd] spawned processes using new config files.
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 16:33:31 GMT
Hi all,

I have situation where i have Apache 2.0.55 configured using the worker process model and
this is running using a particular configuration file.
Prior to an outage i want to deliver a new config file to the server in readiness for a server
restart during my outage window.
my question though is if we are using a process model that spawns new processes do these spawned
processes read the new config file from disk or do they read it from the parent processes
memory , if they read from memory then i am cool because i can update the config prior to
the outage and then just restart to read it in, otherwise if it reads from disk i am going
to have to deliver during the outage.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

Steve

Steve Foster | Capgemini | Telford
Shared Technology Services
T. +44 (0) 1952 296664 | www.capgemini.com
Internal: 46664

Join the Collaborative Business Experience

Our e-mail domain has now changed from iraspire.com to hmrcaspire.com. Please update your
address books.