httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Saad, Dan (N-Computer Sciences Corp)" <dan.s...@lmco.com>
Subject [users@httpd] ErrorDocument on 401
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 02:39:32 GMT
We're doing some authentication at the top of our site and want to
redirect via ErrorDocument to

A local error document /errors/401.html which is in a subdirectory
"errors"

I have been successful in getting Apache to provide a message but not a
local page.

I have tried the following with no success:

ErrorDocument  401  /errors/401.html  (in httpd.conf, srm.conf)

I tried putting a .htaccess file in the errors subdirectory to open
access.

I tried putting the ErrorDocument directive in the .htaccess file

All I seem to get with LogLevel Debug is:

Authorization Required

This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the
document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad
password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the
credentials required.

Additionally, a 401 Authorization Required error was encountered while
trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

However, there is nothing in the logs to suggest a problem.

Any ideas  ??

Thanks for your time...

Dan