httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Shaun T. Erickson" <sterick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] charset issues
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 15:53:29 GMT
On 11/7/06, Boyle Owen <Owen.Boyle@swx.com> wrote:

> This looks like you're stop/starting the wrong server (a reboot
> obviously stop/starts everything).
>
> I would guess you are editing the correct config file but restarting a
> different server.

It turns out that I did comment it out in the right server and I did
restart the right server. With it turned off, the issue moved to the
browser side. If the browser auto-selects the character set, it
displays properly. If it doesn't, the selecting the proper
(windows-1252) character set makes it display properly.
--
        -ste