httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Shaun T. Erickson" <sterick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] charset issues
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 12:01:35 GMT

> But really, you should triple-check that you are editing the right
> config file and that you got all occurrences of AddDefaultCharset,
> because this problem has been reported here many times before, and
> that has always been the cause.

Well, I was beginning to think I was nuts, so I asked a colleague to
look at it. He agreed that I had commented out the only instance of
that line and he watched me restart apache. It had no effect. We
scratched our heads for a while and then, for an unrelated reason, I
rebooted the server, an lo and behold, it seems to have fixed the
problem (for me and my friend - I have to verify with the site owner
that it looks ok to him now, but my bet is it will).

I'm confused.
--
        -ste