httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Shaun T. Erickson" <sterick...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] charset issues
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2006 17:50:22 GMT
I moved a user's site from an apache 1.3.27 server to and apache
2.0.52 server. Now all of his (many) pages display incorrectly. It
seems they all specify:

and:

<!-- Typographical symbols
Open quote: <93>
Close quote: <94>
Open apostrophe: <91>
Close apostrophe: <92>
Em dash: -
En dash: -
-->

Then he goes on to embed those <93>, etc., characters all through their pages.

The old server displayed the characters correctly. How do I get his
one virtual host to display them right? I'd prefer to not have to tell
him he has to edit every one of his pages and use a different charset
from now on, if there's something I can just tweak at my end.

--
        -ste