httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Serge Dubrouski" <serge...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apache client authentication problem (somewhat long)
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 20:03:00 GMT
Your client submits certificate signed by CA which certificate you
don't have in your SSLCACertificatePath. Actually it looks like you
incorrectly configured it. You have:

SSLCACertificateFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/root.crt
SSLCACertificatePath /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt

You should use just one of those options. If you use
SSLCACertificateFile your file (stacked pem) should have certificates
for all CA that issue certificates for you clients. If you use
SSLCACertificatePath place all certs into that directory and create
links like it's described here:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/stronghold/Stronghold-4.0-Manual/SH4_HTML/authenc.html