httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Serge Dubrouski" <serge...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] client side certificates authentication in virtual hosts
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2006 15:52:29 GMT
On 11/8/06, Benjamin Cuthbert <benjamin.cuthbert@db.com> wrote:

> All
>
> Can you run two SSL virtual host URLS on the same IP address and have one
> running with no client certificate authentication and one running without

It's possible if having one VirtualHost complaining about wrong Server
Certificate is applicable for you, which I really doubt.

> client authentication. I have tried it and the options
>
>          SSLVerifyClient require
>         SSLVerifyDepth 1
>
> But when this is enabled on one of the virtual hosts it takes out the other
> virtual host and i am unable to connect.

Most probably you configure both for your VH with the same name. In
this case one of hosts ignored and you always hit the same VH. Or you
have some kind of other mistake in your config. It would be good to
take a look on how you configured them.